Lakewood Christian Church is seeking a Worship Leader
Worship Leader Job Description
Principal Function and Working Relationship:
The Worship Leader is directly responsible to the Pastor for assisting the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive music ministry within Lakewood Christian Church (LCC).
Job Classification: This position is a salaried part-time position.
* In direct cooperation with the Pastor in planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive Music Ministry. This includes normal and special worship services, special music projects, and other church-related music programs in cooperation with other individuals or groups.
* Assist the pastor in planning worship services of LCC and be responsible for the selection of the music.
* Work in cooperation with the appropriate persons in selecting, enlisting, training, and advising music participants, accompanists, soloists, and other musicians who have the desire to serve in LCC music programs.
* Coordinate the performance schedules of music groups and/or individuals in the functions of the church.
* Responsible for the maintenance and additions to the LCC music library and equipment, including music materials, supplies, instruments and other music equipment for use in the church’s program.
* Prepare an annual budget to be recommended to the Church Board.
* Oversee the Audio/Visual system and team.
* Coordinate the training and use of instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Experience in a church music-related position.
* The ability to play a keyboard instrument and have a working knowledge of music theory.
* Have the ability to be an effective listener, communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
* Exhibits quality leadership skills.
* Possess the ability to provide a variety of music styles for the worship experience.
* Has a professional and personal commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings.
* Must be able to pass background checks.
Submit your resume with a cover letter to Lkwdreggie@aol.com
Job position closes Friday March 3, 2017