Central Rocky Mountain Region
RESOURCES FOR REGION MINISTERIAL LIFE
- REGIONAL OFFICE
- I am always available to you via email, mobile phone and virtual meetings.
- EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RELIABLE INFORMATION SOURCES – I
encourage you to monitor the information about this virus in your State and the
Center for Disease Control at:
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/2019-novel-coronavirus
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare: https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov
- New Mexico Department of Health: https://nmhealth.org/news/awareness/2020/3/?view=847
- Utah Department of Health: https://coronavirus.utah.gov
- Wyoming Department of Health: https://health.wyo.gov/publichealth/infectious-disease-epidemiology-unit/disease/novel-coronavirus/
- Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Support for MENTAL HEALTH
- Children’s care givers https://www.nctsn.org/resources/parent-caregiver-guide-to-helping-families-cope-with-the-coronavirus-disease-2019 English, Chinese and Spanish
- Children with Stress https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/helping-children-cope-with-stress-print.pdf?sfvrsn=f3a063ff_2
- Anxiety and Mental Health Concerns https://www.nami.org/getattachment/About-NAMI/NAMI-News/2020/NAMI-Updates-on-the-Coronavirus/HelpLine-Coronavirus-Planning.pdf?lang=en-US
- Five ways to view coverage of the Coronavirus https://www.apa.org/helpcenter/pandemics
RESOURCES FOR CONGREGATIONAL LIFE
- Instead of gathering for worship as normal consider
bringing your community together “virtually” by using
- Facebook Live streaming,
- You might also point your members to the weekly worship service that is provided by DisciplesNet, an on-line congregation. Their website is www.disciplesnet.org
- Video conferencing
- Zoom Your Regional Church can provide your congregation with training and access to Zoom for worship and meetings on our regional account.
- Face Time
- Resources for Families and Children
- Telephone Conference Prayer lines
- freeconferencecall.com Please contact us and we will help you get started.
- Best Practices – If you decide to
continue with worship services
- encourage the most at-risk people in your
congregation to stay home. That includes
- people over 60,
- people with heart, kidney, or lung disease, or comprised immune systems
- those with chronic respiratory conditions.
- practice the safe handling of communion, including wearing gloves, plastic disposable cups and disposing of them immediately.
- Suspend the Passing of the Peace and other physical greetings in your coming together to eliminate coming into close contact and touching others.
- encourage the most at-risk people in your congregation to stay home. That includes
- Ministry and Meetings
- Again, the virtual meetings tools, such as Zoom, GoToMeeting, Facebook Private Groups and other applications provide us the ability to continue our worshipful work without putting each other at risk.
- Other available resources can be found at our General Church Website: https://disciples.org/dns/disciples-and-covid-19/
- Community – “The cancellation of worship
does not necessarily mean that all events in the congregation’s life should
also be suspended. (Rev. Dr. Rick Spleth,
Indiana Regional Minister)
- Food pantries that serve the poor may need to continue to provide support to our neighbors.
- Different decisions may need to be made regarding pre-schools and daycares hosted in our buildings, and other events that bring together smaller groups of persons