Highland Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) held their first worship service in space provided by Highlands Lutheran Church on June 7. The Highlands Lutheran Church is located at 3995 Irving St. in Denver. Prior to the move, Highland Christian Church had been leasing space at North Highland Presbyterian Church, on 29th Ave., near the Tennyson Center for Children at Colorado Christian Home.
Being a church on the move is nothing new to Highland. Since its beginning in 1888, the church met in homes and halls until 1903, when it began meeting at 34th and Bryant in Denver. In 1965, seeking a location on a major thoroughfare, Highland Christian moved four blocks to 34th and Federal. From that location, the church partnered with North Highland Presbyterian Church, beginning in 2008.
Rev. Sondra Tilsley serves Highland Christian Church as pastor.