The CRMR Regional Board met at the Holiday Inn at DIA on April 2, 2016 with 13 present.
One highlight of the meeting was the unanimous acceptance of First Tongan Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in West Valley City, Utah, as a congregation in formation with the Central Rocky Mountain Region. First Tongan Christian Church shares facilities with Granger Community Christian Church.
The Board was introduced to the members of First Tongan Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) through video fellowship prepared by the congregation.
The Board also received the report of the Nominating Committee with a slate of officers and recommendations for district representatives for the 2016-18 biennium. The Nominating Committee also recommended the provisional creation of the position of Moderator-Elect. This person would, by design, assume the office of Moderator in the succeeding biennium.
The Board reviewed financial statements for the year 2015. John Goebel of Treasury Services met with the Board via Skype and discussed financial statements for the first two months of 2016. The Finance committee requested that future reports include a cash flow statement and that the statement of activities show % of annual budget.
- Statement of Financial Position as of December 31, 2015
- Statement of Activities for 2015 Compared to Budget
- Statement of Activities for 2015 Compared to 2014
- Statement of Financial Position as of Feb 29, 2016
- Statement of Activities, Jan 1 – Feb 29, 2016
ERM Search Committee chair Vinnetta Golphin-Wilkerson updated the board on the 20 listening sessions being held around the Region. The Board participated in an abbreviated but lively listening session. Spring Feast will be the last opportunity for persons in the Region to share input with the Search Committee. The Committee will meet in person June 3-4 to begin the process of compiling data and developing a position description and a regional profile.
The Board heard about current activity around the Campbell-Stone Memorial Residence property in Denver. Dean Phelps presented an idea for discussion about how the Region might use the distributions from the endowment created by the sale of the property. Representatives from the Foundation Board and the Regional Board will form a task force to determine investment strategy and use of the distributions.
Among other items considered and actions taken by the Board:
- The audit report for the year ended December 31, 2014 was accepted.
- An audit for the year ended December 31, 2015, will be conducted.
- The Finance Committee will research and present recommendation to the Board regarding IERM/ERM ongoing mileage reimbursement vs purchase of a regional vehicle.
- Interim Regional Minister Report to the Board, April 2, 2016