There are some great opportunities for High School youth to develop their leadership skills while serving the church and one of them is ECOY!
WHAT IS ECOY?
The letters stand for Executive Council of Youth.
The purpose of ECOY is to :
- Utilize and develop leadership skills among the youth of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the Central Rocky Mountain Region.
- Promote youth ministry programs offered by the general, regional, and local church expressions of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Promote the spiritual growth of the youth in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the Central Rocky Mountain Region.
- Help youth learn more about the make-up of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in all of its manifestations.
- Provide opportunity for youth to participate in planning, implementing and evaluating Fall Retreat, Midwinter and CYF Conference.
The members of ECOY are:
- Two Adult ECOY Coordinators
- One Adult ECOY Coordinator-in-Training
- A Regional Staff Person
- 8 -12 Youth representatives from the region. The selection process will include seeking a balance in gender, racial/ethnic background and geographic representation in addition to leadership gifts and capabilities.
Time commitments for 2014-2015 could include, but are not limited to:
- ECOY planning retreat – a weekend in late August or early Sept. 2014
- Fall Retreat – a weekend in late October or early November 2014
- Winter planning retreat – a weekend in January 2015
- Midwinter Retreat – February 13-16, 2015
- Camp planning meeting with CYF Directors – March 2015
- CYF Camp – a week in June 2015
- Be an active member of a Christian Church (DOC) in the Central Rocky Mountain Region.
- Be an active participant in regional youth activities.
- Be a current 9th – 11th grader who will be enrolled in high school during the 2014-2015 school year.
- Provide confidential recommendations written by:
a) Parent or guardian
b) Pastor/Youth Pastor (not related to applicant)
c) Adult of applicant’s choice not related to applicant (church leader, teacher, coach, employer, regional youth workers, etc.)
APPLICATION FORM & REFERENCES ARE DUE IN THE REGIONAL OFFICE BY APRIL 22, 2014
Click here to apply: 2014 ECOY Application